Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Signs of Dehydration

The one thing everyone forgets to take enough of everyday is water.  Not drinking enough water can lead to dehydration.  This is caused by water moving out of our cells and out of our bodies more than the amount of water we take in through drinking.  Here are a few signs you may be dehydrated:


  • Increased thirst
  • Inability to sweat
  • Hands start to feel numb
  • Headache
  • Flushed skin
  • Feeling week
  • Dizziness
Remember to always drink water before, after, and in between workouts.  I remember when I was in high school I had to go to the hospital because I passed out and they did not know what was wrong with me.  It turned out I was severely dehydrated.  I do not want this to happen to any of you so bring a water bottle with you to class and keep yourself hydrated!

1 comment:

  1. I have a couple of those symptoms. I never thought it was due to dehydration. I guess you learn something new every day.

    ReplyDelete