Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tips for Travel to Stay Healthy

This is my 20th post all!
It's that time of year when school is coming to an end for the semester and the traveling back home begins.  This Christmas I get the wonderful opportunity to travel to Hawaii and see a few of my friends as well as spend a vacation with my family.

What I remembered was even though this is time off, it is not time off from staying healthy. It can effect your physical and mental health.  Here are a few tips to keep in mind when on the road this holiday season:


  • Wash your hands frequently (scrub for at least 30 seconds)
  • To help you relax, bring one of your own pillows on the road with you or to your hotel
  • Avoid sugar
  • Drink water at every new destination you travel to
  • If at a hotel - check out the gym (a fun way to stay entertained on those boring nights but also keeps you active)
  • Take vitamin C (especially if you are around a lot of people)
I hope you all stay healthy over this break.  I have enjoyed posting about this topic and hope it has benefited you. Stay safe, and happy holidays!!

1 comment: